Commentary and opinion from the industry’s leading voices.
Have something you’d like to say? Get in touch.
- Reports reveal further evidence of slowdown in housing marketRightmove and ONS published their house price indices this week, warning of imminent slowdowns in the UK housing market.
- Government warns that homes target could be missed, as industry needs over 250,000 more workersMichael Gove has stated that the Government’s target of 300,000 new homes a year is “difficult”, amidst a report which reveals huge gaps in worker supply.
- House price growth set to slow, as housebuilding output flatlinesHalifax and Zoopla warn of a slowdown in the housing market, as housebuilding output flatlines in May.
- HBF cast doubt over Natural England nutrient claimsThe Home Builders Federation has commissioned a report which questions the amount of nutrient-related pollution in new-build developments.
- House prices rise by over 10 per cent in twelve monthsRightmove publish their house price index for May, whilst the Housing Minister pledges to tackle resource challenges.